Tuesday, October 28, 2014

That Daniel Fast?


I had been struggling with feeling content for sometime so I decided to be proactive about it. I knew the truths of Christ:  he came to save me of my sins and died to take my punishment. I knew that God is in control of everything and was with me during every step. But I just wasn't feeling it so me and my best friend decided to start the Daniel Fast.

"What is the Daniel Fast?" Glad you asked!
The Daniel Fast comes from Daniel chapter 1. Daniel is brought to King Nebuchadnezzar to work in his service. The king wanted him to indulge in meat, however this went against the mosaic law because it was sacrificed to gods. The guards were skeptical because they wanted Daniel and his friends to be strong for the king so Daniel asked to be tested for ten days and see which men looked better-- the ones eating meat or the him and his  friends. The conclusion of the ten days was impressive-- Daniel and his friends look better than the fatties eating meat.

The restrictions to the fast are:

  • No meat
  • No beverages (except water)
  • No added sugar
  • No preservatives
  • No dairy
  • No butter
  • No gum or Coffee :(

Freedoms are:

  • Fruits
  • Vegetables
  • Whole Grain Rice
  • Whole Grain Rice Cakes
  • Popcorn 
  • Natural oils
  • Seasonings
  • Nuts 
For a more complete list Press This 

"Why the Daniel Fast?" Wow I am loving your questions! 
Being a college student I didn't think a) I would have enough time in one day to do a complete no eating fast to resolve my issues and b) it would be smart to not eat when I have classes and homework.

Here is a poster I made to put on my wall to remind me of why I am fasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment